As you get ready for your Christmas entertaining we thought you would enjoy one of our favourite seasonal recipes for Chocolate Mulled Wine, it has to be tried to be believed just how gorgeous and what a perfect combination red wine and chocolate are.
Chocolate Mulled Wine
- 1 bottle of rich, fruity Red Wine
- 1 packet of 150g of our Cocoa House Signature Blend Hot Chocolate
- 1 tablespoon of Corn Flour
- 1 cm piece of Fresh Ginger or 1 tsp of Ground Ginger
- 6 Cloves,
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 Nutmeg or 1 tsp of powdered Nutmeg
- 200ml of Orange Juice
You will need to prepare the following items:
- 1 large pan
- 1 metal spoon
- 1 large bowl
- 1 new and clean dish cloth or muslin
- cotton thread
- Peel and chop the fresh ginger into small pieces
- Use the dish cloth to make a giant tea bag for the cloves, ginger and nutmeg, tying up with the thread
- Put the Red Wine in a large pan, add the orange juice, cinnamon stick and spice sachet and gently warm
- Draw about 200ml of the hot wine off and pour directly over the hot chocolate.
- Allow it to sit for a few minutes before stirring thoroughly.
- Gently stir the Corn Flour into the chocolate and wine concentration
- Pour the chocolate and wine concentrate back into the large pot of wine, stir thoroughly before serving
Note: If you don't have our Signature Hot Chocolate to hand use 100g of our 96% Chocolate with 100g of sugar, or use the darkest chocolate you can find, increase the Corn Flour by 1 tsp and add 50g of caster sugar to the wine while heating.
Perfect with our Chocolate Orange Mince Pies.